Sunday, March 22, 2009

The rest of it

FRIDAY
wake up happy and refreshed
hopped on the metro
crossed La Loire
off at Pirmil
followed yellow Pieton signs
little hiking man with walking stick on map
followed La Serve Nantaise
A BEAUTIFUL four hour walk along a small and peaceful river
tree lined path
small country houses
pastures of cows and horses
wind blowing petals from the trees
other old people
walk, run, bike
dogs too
to a damn
then return
my ipod powering the way back
knowing that tonight will be real

back at hotel
i rejuvinate
and wait

I knew it was good when I saw you smile getting off the metro. I love your familiar laugh.
I was the happiest being with friends again.
Trying to puts words to how fantastic Animal Collective was at L'Olmpic
I danced and celebrated
I took pictures because i wanted to hold onto each moment forever
my video is lame compared to the live experience
I could have rocked forever
Well worth the wait, the travel, and the expense
After the music was finished
We continued the high in the hotel
Complete with spaghetti feast served on plates on the floor
Carefree conversation carried us into a slumber

SATURDAY
said goodbye
hopefully see you soon
NIGHT TRAIN BACK TO CANNNES
switch in PARIS
i knew i would be back to the city
even though it was only for an hour
the bus ride to the other train station took me right by my hostel from last weekend, i wanted to stay
got to the austerlitz station, but then couldn't find the platform
definitely ran around like a crazy person to find it
im glad i did
listened to outside lands as i left paris
fell in and out of sleep to ratatat
definitely not a comfortable ride
and it smelled like barf
i got back to my dorm today at 9:00 am.
its sunny out.

tomorrow i go to class.

2 comments:

  1. dear dad,

    i am running away from home and moving to nantes.

    love,
    tiffany

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey sis! So, just so you know, I've been reading and not commenting. This means my suckitude has fallen to even lower depths. Wee brother is here in SF with me and husband. I wish you were too, m'dear. Lots of love.

    Paige, the ellusive sibling

    ReplyDelete