Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Paris

only 16 €
for a beer?
no a bear.
it was purple.

All I want right now is a picture of me and the Eiffel Tower.

have to wait for the musée Pompidou, je mange un banane sucre.

Friday, not superstitious
2 Friday the 13'ths since I've been in France
Vic's Blue Shoes

NAPOLEAN

Patent Leather shoes
white kness socks
pleated skirt

Escaloters build anticipation
Edgar Dregas

Les Dindons 1887
made me cry
light from the sky a field with tukeys

La Bançoite
I want her dress

Diamond leaves
Nature Morte du roses et anémons

What if we just double backed just to see things oppisitely

Ok now for something that might make more sense:

Paris is my new favorite city of the WORLD. I haven't told Portland yet.

I have to go back, maybe not anytime soon, I'm pretty tired, but now I know at least.

THURSDAY: fly to Paris, bus tour, meet vic, dinner at iguana, Scarlette O'Hara, my new favorite drink, Mecanique Ordulatoire, 70s/80s Margaritas, CJ, other Americans, Teach Beer Pong, Old Habits Die Hard, Epic walk of greatness.

FRIDAY: Roll out of bed, Continental Breakfast, Pompidou Modern Art, Get confused, Orsay, understand, Louvre, enjoy the beauty, new black dress and killer heels, dinner stea tartar, Le Lido Cabaret show, out to many places, talking, dancing, don't sleep.

SATURDAY: Easy to wake up, continental breakfast, Opera Garnier, I wish I lived back then, meet ELIZABETH!!!!!!! familiar happiness. travel to restart, musical communication, oranges, crepes, walking past colum bastille, café, notre dame, chocolate millkshakes, meet another Jennifer, Italien Corridor, Fondue, Confusion and mistakes, Locked building, restlessness.

SUNDAY: You should leave, breakfast, boat tour, Eifel Tower, dont go up, calzones, dont be late, airport, mechanical failure, delayed, dinner back at Cannes.

These lists I wrote to get my memory going of the events and places and people. My mind is still stuck in the feeling of Paris, that I will not forget. I loved being a foreigner there, asking people for help, acting like an idiot, wandering on my own, mastering the metro, trying new food, needing coffee, experiencing ART EVERYWHERE. fun and action everywhere. If only I spoke French better.

Tomorrow I'm leaving for Nantes. A new journey awaits.

4 comments:

  1. It is really fun being able to read about your experiences.

    ReplyDelete
  2. your lists are poetic. new black dress. killer heels. me love. of course those are the two things that i remember most. haha. have fun in nantes. be safe. and have fun at animal collective. i will be there in spirit!!!!

    muah
    ps. i feel bad nobody likes ham & cheese :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You should've told me you would be at Notre Dame! We could have met up!

    (just kidding, though I do enjoy playing the part of ignorant American :-D )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Le Lido Cabaret! I'm so jealous!

    ReplyDelete