Thursday, March 19, 2009

A form of Procrastination Apparently

TODAY
I woke up knowing I could do anything I wanted to.
I got ready and eventually left to explore.
I found the École des Beaux Arts, after asking for directions. However when I got their I found the place to be a bit disapointing. It was kinda scary to be there by myself. Something about the all the Baroque art just freaked me out. And the building was scary, the rooms were huge and the ceilings were tree times as high as they had to be in every room. I did see a self portrait of Poussin, who I just started studying in art history class.
After I left I walked to the Eglise Ste Croix and ate some raisins and nuts. Then I went to the Cháteau des ducs de Bratgne and the Duchese Anne Cháteau. I had never really been to a real castle before. It felt like spring. Flowers were blooming on trees around the castle moat, ducks were swimming, and there were Italien Teenagers in love. It was happy. Then I went to La Lieu Unique, it was just an expensive store, so I left.
I recieved an email about senior thesis proposal deadlines... It was a good reminder, that I know I need to take seriously.
I took a short 20 minute nap in my aweseme bed and then went to the OBSERVATORY. It was small. I convinced the lady at the front desk to let me in as a student. I went to the "Spectacle" which showed the constalations and planets. There were only 4 people there. Myself, a small boy, and his grandpa and grandma. Oh and the operator, he had long hair, and talked really fast french, I didn't understand a word. While I was staring at the stars the grandpa fell asleep and then the boy woke him up by jumping next to him and he yelled in french awake. That was the most exciting thing about the planetarium. Oh and the ticket stub had a picture of Neil Armstrong and the American Flag on it. America's cool.
On my way back to the hostel I bought a bagette and then back in my kitchenette I made Spaghetti with some sauce and noodles I had brought. It was delicious. Unfortunately I fell asleep early cause I was really comfortable. So now I'm awake again. I told myself I didn't want to sleep until I had written my script. So now that I'm awake, I have the time. I have an idea. So I should see if I can comit to something.
CAN'T WAIT FOR TOMORROW NIGHT!!!!

1 comment:

  1. I think it is special that you took the time to visit a planetarium while on your adventure. It sounds like you used your time well.

    ReplyDelete