Wednesday, February 4, 2009

La langue française

I would like to take the time to write a non cryptic message about how much I have come to appreciate the French Language. Starting classes this week has given me fuller understanding of how important and necessary it is to be able to communicate with another person in a different language. I feel like I learn so much both in and out of class each day, improving my French, and I can only imagine what my language ability will be like at the end of these four months. Something interesting about learning a new language is how I've held onto the Spanish that I have learned, and how for some reason I have a tendency to speak in Spanish when I don't have the words in French. It can be frustrating to communicate because I can understand others easily but don't always know what to speak.
We have class Monday through Friday from nine to noon, and for the month of February we are only taking French class to allow us to really focus on the language without the work of other classes. As we progress we will be placed in higher level classes depending on how we improve. Soon I intend on writing my blog posts in French, since I will be using French to communicate in every other aspect of life here.

On an unrelated, but equally as important topic: I am trying to figure out where exactly I should venture to during Spring Break. I have a whole week and nothing planned and I should figure this out soon... if anyone has any suggestions please leave a comment or let me know.

I also intend on uploading my amazing and lovely pictures and videos to flicker soon, more anticipation is necesary.

1 comment:

  1. Hmmm lets see. French Riviera, stay in room and study, French Riviera, say in room and study....Decisions Decisions. I know how about Montpellier and Ales where Van Gogh and Gauguin painted together. Art is the answer!

    ReplyDelete