Tuesday, February 17, 2009

I'm glad people read this











Hello blog readers, I would just like to say thank you for reading my blog. It makes me happy.

A small update. This weekend I'm going to Florence. I hope I don't suffer from Stendhal Syndrome . I think it's funny that even exists, at least according to wikipedia.

Today I saw a movie, Je Crois Que Je L'aime. I only partly understood, being that it was in French. But it was a romantic comedy, and the plot was straight forward so I got the point. It was dificult to have to focus my brain to understand the language for such an extended amount of time without any other distractions, but about a quarter way into the film I almost forgot I was hearing French, a foreign language, and instead just understood it as the language that I am trying to learn. So I quickly aculmated to having to understand the film in French. The theater we went to was within walking distance of school and it was a nice sunny walk along the sea. Entrance cost only 3 Euro, which is always appreciated. It was the first film I had seen in the movie theater since.... I don't remember when. So it was enjoyable to sit in a red seat. Also it made me smile to go to a movie at 2:30 in the afternoon on a Tuesday because that seemed to be a popular time for the senior citizens of cannes to enjoy the movies. And I would also like to add that the senior citizens of Cannes are definitely the happiest and able to enjoy life that I have ever seen.

2 comments:

  1. Oh mon Dieu! Liens vers les films français et les salles de cinéma français. Je reçois le choc des cultures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i am so happy you got to see a movie. i helps huh. especially for you i can imagine. i saw slumdog millionare last night. such a great movie. i doubt you have it in cannes but we can netflix it at sometime. i got internet today in my room so i will follow your blog more often. and i am attempting to make my own.

    lava you

    ReplyDelete