Monday, May 11, 2009

My Life before the Festival

Today I got my Badge. The 62 Festival de Cannes . I enjoyed walking to the Palias today to the acrediation. I told the man with the beige suit that I was with Mainline Releasing. He told me I could go in. Then I waited in queue with what looked like the members of the press: dudes with hats and beards, ladies with high heels and pencil skirts, and people holding binders with papers. I couldn't sleep last night.
Tomorrow I meet at 11 am at R7/S8 in the Lerins for set up and to meet my employers. Then I will actually know what I will be doing these next 10 days. In the meantime I can only imagine. The city of Cannes has already started to explode: restuarant and store prices have increased, buses and trains are filled, cars line up at stoplights, and beaches are covered with people. I also went shopping, and got a sweet white suit jacket to rock on the riviera.
This weekend was fantastic as well. Saturday I went to Gorges de Verdon and really honestly thought i found heaven on earth. We ventured in a paddle boat, rounded a large turn from the lake to the river, where the gorge narrows, and upon coming out of the turn found ourselves viewing three large waterfalls all in a row. It was pure beauty and I'm honestly sad for anyone who has not seen such amazingness before. Saturday night we went to Baoli- the nices club in Cannes, and got rejected. That was funny not fun. But it wasn't much of my scene anyways, everyone was really really really rich. Sunday I went to Juan les Pins, to go shopping, because stores are open on Sundays there. It was another awesome French Riviera town. The only thing that sucked was knowing that in 3 weeks I will have to leave this greatness.
I got my email back from Riddle today saying: "While the faculty committee was intrigued by your project proposal, they have strong reservations about its suitability for the senior thesis course." Which means by May 29th I have to resubmit, this time an actual script and my reel. This will prove to be problematic being that this deadline completely corresponds with the time of the festival- which right now is all my little heart cares about...

1 comment:

  1. I am so excited for you. I can only imagine. have you found out what you have to do yet? i hope you run into someone cool, like larry david or frances mcdormand not somebody like johnny depp or that girl from twlight :)

    ReplyDelete