Thursday, April 16, 2009

Amsterdam

"PAIN. My eye. My eye. The left one. It hurts. I can't get it out. It's stuck. Aude and I race across the street. The pharmacists asks me. What's going on? It's my eye. Is it too late? For a doctor. Wait here. I'll get the forms. Don't move. I'm not. Ok, lay here. Probe and look. Je ne sais pas. The doctor said that. I don't know the word in english. Cornea is damaged. Back at Pharmacy. Get yellow drops and vitamin A cream. 3 x a day. Next 7 days. I'll get better now. "

This happend on Thursday night, the night before I left for Amsterdam. Scary and bad- but no one worry, cause the medicin healed me and i'm fine now. It bothered my that my sight was impaired, I pretended that my other sense of hearing and touched were hightend. -they probably weren't.

Friday morning I took a bus to Nice and a plane to Amsterdam. Now I'm not going to detail my trip here. The words I would write do not fit here and are out of place. Trust me when I say I had a fantatic time. Amsterdam is a magical city. Couch Surfing is fantastically cheap way to meet people, prostitution is gross, metro is expensive and confusing, the park is the best place to be, Amsterdam Film museum and 3 film majors - almost too perfect. Next time I go, I'm bringing a bike with me.

Now I'm enjoying the rain in Cannes, doing research for my internship with Lightning Entertainment, an international distribution company, and working on some plans for the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment